How is it?
• Photographers were invited to post photos under the hashtag #voidnoplace responding to the theme “My place, no place.” Entries were accepted until 07 JUL ‘17.
• Following the curation of Void & LensCulture, the selected photos were printed as posters and pasted on the streets of Athens, for a Guerrilla exhibition. In addition to the exhibition, Void will posted the photos on LensCulture's Instagram, as part of the take-over. Finally, for the last day of the project, we published a zine of the project.
The theme: “My place, no place.”
“Everyone tries to create a world he can live in, and what he can’t use he often can’t see.” - Saul Bellow
Immigration, displacement, nationalism, walls, borders, mental states, family, ghettos, prisons, egomania, narcissism, territories, birth places, the womb, the earth, the universe. Almost innumerable are the places where we can exist. Some of them are transitory, some feel like traps. A place can be physical, but it can also be a feeling or a state of mind.
For this call, Void and LensCulture would like to know: where are you right now?
Do you feel it is your place?
Or do you feel like you don't belong?
What is your position as a photographer? As a human being? Can you show it to us in a picture?
• Shortlisted photos will be chosen during the week. Photographers need to be ready to provide the high resolution file (at least 3000 pixels on the largest side) on Saturday, 08 JUL ‘17. Photographers that fail to deliver the high resolution files are likely to be dropped from the project.
• Shortlisted photos will not necessarily be included in the final edit.
• All submitted photos should follow Instagram’s policies.
• All submitting photographers should read the terms and conditions prior to submitting their photographs.
Fee and Support
Zero. No fee. It is free.
We don’t ask for any fee for submitting photographs.
And if selected, we also don’t charge for anything to organize the exhibition and print the zine.
03 JUL '17 - Open for submissions
07 JUL '17 - Deadline for submissions
08 JUL '17 - Deadline for shortlisted photographers to submit high resolution files
09 - 15 JUL '17 - Instagram take-over & Guerrilla exhibition in the streets of Athens
16 JUL '17 - Zine launch
Subscribe to Void to make sure you will receive our news and updates.